Upstate Door Inc. (Upstate) strives to produce superior quality doors that are engineered and designed specifically for each individual customer. Our products are intended to stand the test of time under normal conditions and use with proper handling, installation, finishing, and on-going care.
Subject to the terms and conditions contained in paragraphs (I) through (VI) below, Upstate warranties our Water-based Deluxe and Premium package Factory-Finished products “for (2) years” from the original date of delivery of the product against: (a) defects in workmanship, (b) defects in materials and (c) door warping. In the event of a covered warranty claim, Upstate will, at their discretion: (a) Repair the affected product; (b) Replace the affected product in its original state of purchase; or (c) Refund the purchase price of the original product.
Upstate Door 2 year warranty does not cover the Factory Finish in any way. Color selection, sheen of Finish, longevity of Finish or any other item related to Finishing are not included in our warranty coverage. Should the Finish start to deteriorate, it is the responsibility of owner of product to adhere to the Finish Maintenance policy. Failure to adhere to this maintenance policy will void warranty.
NOTE: Upstate Door may offer at our discretion other Finishing Manufactures for your product needs. Refer to the Confirmation Authorization form or Limitations and Exclusions section to determine if Finishing Manufacture will be covered for our 2 year warranty.
I. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- Upstate is not responsible for removal, reinstallation or refinishing of any product other than the original state the product was sold in.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to keep accurate records of proper maintenance (according to the manufacturer of the finishing agent chosen), including, but not limited to, dated receipts and pictures.
- Upstate does not warranty any products that have not been installed in accordance with Upstate Door’s installation instructions.
- Damage caused by an event within the coverage of any insurance or casualty policy of the customer is excluded from warranty.
- Exterior Solvent-based stains and clear coats are not covered under warranty
- For the 2 year warranty, the products CANNOT be trimmed or modified in any way.
- Defects in material do not include checks or splits within a 1/32″ x 3″ tolerance.
- The natural characteristics of wood movement cannot be warrantied, as slight shrinking and expansion may occur under certain conditions.
- Additional limitations and exclusions may apply in some applications.
- Only the products meeting the following standard stile & rail minimum, on-flat dimensions are covered by this warranty. All other products are sold “as is.”
Dimensions are as follows:
The following are excluded from warranty:
1. Doors wider than 42″ and/or taller than 96″.
2. Interior doors less than 1 3/8″ thick or exterior doors less than 1 ¾” thick.
3. Interior pocket doors without stave core stiles.
4. Full lite doors or Full panel doors without stave core stiles
5. Doors containing solid wood panels that are wider than 14″. Upstate standards dictate that panels shall be made using Extira/MDF cores, wood edge-banding and veneered faces to reduce the amount of movement in the panels.
II. DOOR WARPING
Door warping is not considered a defect unless it exceeds one of the following guidelines:
- The warp is greater than ¼” in doors that are 1 3/8″, 1 ¾” or 2 ¼” thick and up to 42″ wide and 84″ tall.
- The warp is greater than 3/8″ in doors that are 1 ¾” & 2 ¼” thick and up to 42″ wide and 96″ tall.
The following are excluded from any warranty for door warping, bowing or twisting:
- A flush door that contains different wood species (split finish) of face veneers and/or planks on each side.
- The door has product/material applied to the face (i.e. mirrors, chalkboards, clothes hangers, etc.).
- Screen/storm doors are not warrantied against warp, bow or twist.
Note – Door warping refers to the door itself, not to the appearance of the door hanging in relation to the jamb. Please see the “How to check for door warpage” worksheet and video to find out more.
III. VOIDING WARRANTY
This warranty shall terminate, and Upstate shall have no further obligation under this warranty if any of the following occur:
- The customer accepts delivery of the product (formal acceptance is not required) and chooses to keep the product for more than (30) calendar days with reasonably obvious nonconformity and/or damage including any and all machining.
- An Exterior door is not protected by an adequate overhang. An adequate overhang is determined by the distance from the bottom of the door/sill to the underside of the overhang (face height). To conform to this warranty, the overhang must project a minimum of one half of the face height dimension. See the Upstate Door installation instructions for more information.
- Doors that have been distressed and/or sandblasted in the field will not be warrantied.
- Doors that have been requested to be finished with a dark paint or stain will not be warrantied. Upstate Door will provide a form prior to ordering acknowledging if Finish selected is considered too dark via the “stain/Paint Confirmation Authorization Form.”
- The distributor, contractor or end user attempts to repair the product or alters the product in any way without prior written consent by an authorized Upstate representative.
- An interior door is exposed to adverse or improper conditions, including but not limited to, installation directly in front of a heating or air conditioning duct, in a high humidity area such as a pool house or steam room, or in areas of extreme temperature variation, etc.
- The door is damaged due to inadequate ventilation caused by the use of a storm door system. Excessive heat buildup will damage the door and is not covered under this warranty.
- The door is damaged because of carelessness or negligence of the distributor, contractor or end customer.
- Any modifications/additions made to the product or misuse of the product that Upstate deems in its sole discretion to be the cause of the alleged product failure, will void this warranty
- The door was shipped outside of the continental United States.
- Damage is caused by extreme environmental conditions or outside forces such as pressure washing damage.
- The two (2) year warranty term set forth above has expired
Note – Natural wood color variations and/or wood texture variations are not considered to be defects.
IV. WARRANTY CLAIMS
Immediately upon discovering any nonconformity and/or damage to the product, which is believed to be covered by warranty, you must:
- E-mail or mail a detailed written description with photos of the nonconformity and/or damage to an authorized representative of the distributor you purchased from or directly to Upstate Door Inc.
- All warranty claims must be submitted in writing within (2) years of the original date of delivery.
- Send accompanying photographs of the nonconformity and/or damage to the product. Please ensure the photos are not blurry and that they clearly identify the problem to avoid delay of the process.
- Please see Upstate Door warranty claims link on the website for further details.
- This warranty is only applicable to original owner
V. EXPRESS LIMITATION
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR USE, OR OTHERWISE. OUR LIABILITY IN THE EVENT OF BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE IS STRICTLY LIMITED TO REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL UPSTATE BE LIABLE FOR INCEDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AS DEFINED IN THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE. THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE VOID IF OUR PRODUCT IS USED OR MODIFIED IN A MANNER OTHER THAN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY US.
Formal acceptance of this warranty is not required. By accepting delivery of the product, the customer is also accepting the terms and conditions of the Upstate Door Inc. limited warranty.
Get in Touch
Learn more about our doors,
speak with a representative,
request a quote or schedule a
tour by contacting us today.