Impact & DP Rated Doors
At Upstate Door, our available exterior Impact & DP (design pressure) Rated doors don’t just look great, but also meet your building code requirements for home safety and offer greater property protections for buildings in hurricane-prone areas.
- 2 ¼” solid wood minimum
- Vast array of fine wood species available, including African Mahogany, Spanish Cedar, Douglas Fir, White Oak, Honduran (Genuine) Mahogany
- Lumber is FAS, sorted for color, pattern and quality
- Kiln Dried to 6-8 percent moisture content
- Genuine stile and rail construction
- Floating panels – raised or flat
- Joints are glued and doweled with marine epoxy
- Paint-grade panel edges are primed prior to assembly; all paint-grade products are primed and sanded
- Impact-rated glass stopped in using a DOW995 Structural Silicone
- 1 ¾” solid rabbeted jambs standard
- 2 ¼” solid mahogany or oak sill available
- Exterior casing/brickmold
- Architectural-grade hinges
- GU multipoint hardware
Built to Withstand Whatever Nature Brings
Our doors are built for coastal environments, and are resistant to a Category 3 hurricane with sustained winds up to 129 mph. Our impact resistant-rated doors have also been tested for their ability to resist impacts from wind-borne debris (missiles). This is done by shooting 2-by-4s of a certain length and width at specific speeds. This tests the door’s integrity and ability to hold up to impacts from wind-blown debris that is a common hazard in extreme storms.
Our doors have been certified by Keystone Certifications, Inc., and offer the following benefits:
- Able to withstand up to a Wind Zone 3 hurricane (Category 3)
- Rated resistant for Missile Level D
- Built with impact glass to stand up to coastal conditions
- DP 50-75 rated standard, with DP 30-75 options available
- Choose from 2 1/4″ Coastal Blockade or 1 3/4” Nantucket sill choices
See this testing in action in our video or download our technical spec sheet to read more.
DP 30 Doors
Our DP 30 exterior doors feature an inswing design and offer superior weather resistance than a standard home door. If you’re looking for greater structural performance or need a higher rated option to comply with local building standards, the our DP 30 selection may be right for you. Learn more by downloading our technical spec sheet.
Find the Heavy-Duty Solution You Need
If you’re looking for high-quality doors to stand up to the toughest conditions, you’ll find them at Upstate Door. See examples of our impact resistant-rated doors online, or download our spec sheet below to learn more. Get a quote for your project today by calling 800.570.8283.
Our unique Door-to-Door Service process ensures that you are part of the process at every step.
a proposal and a technical drawing.
With your approval
we create your door(s).
Our master craftsmen carefully construct your door.
All six sides of your door can be finished in the factory before being shipped.
Ship your door(s) on
our truck to ensure safe arrival.
Get in Touch
Learn more about our doors,
speak with a representative,
request a quote or schedule a
tour by contacting us today.